Monday 9 April 2012

Motivational Music

I love music. I listen to it for hours on end, every single day of my life. Music is like a body part of mine, it comes everywhere with me, and it sees me through every event I go through. Every song on my iPod reminds me of a person, or people, or a certain time in my life etc. Most songs I listen to can conjure up some sort of memory for me, which is why listening to music is such an intense thing for me. And the memories never stop, because every day we are creating new ones, so it never gets any less intense and this is the way it will always be! Even fragrances (another thing I am passionate about) remind me of certain times in my life where I used to wear it regularly, and as I spray it I will hear my favorite song from that time period play in my head. I don't know if I sound like a nutjob right now, or if you guys feel me, but I can use music to help me through certain situations.

Last year, when I was in my second year of Uni, I partied a lil too hard and ended up with eight huge assignments to do in ten days (looong story.). I locked myself up and just had to get on with it because I had no choice, but if it wasn't for the music I listened to I probably would have gone crazy, no way in hell could I have done those assignments in silence. Anyway, I found that when writing essays or doing any kind of work where I need to concentrate on what I am writing, lyricless music is always best because you still get the entertainment of listening to music, without the distraction of the lyrics. I can't listen to artists that get deep like J Cole or Drake when I'm working because I end up singing along or stopping what I'm doing to listen to what they're saying. I find the best type of music to listen to when working is mellow, atmospheric drum and bass. It's perfect to have in the background because you can work and zone to it at the same time...and at the risk of sounding like a total geek: it actually made doing assingments kind of fun. I'll give you a little motivational playlist to help you through those long nights of work, but if you're really not into drum and bass (which I don't even think you have to be to appreciate these tunes) I also reccommend listening to things like the Rich Forever mixtape by Rick Ross, or Wale Ambition because they are motivational in the more literal sense; these songs are about money and the kind of luxurious lifestyles that are usually the reason we are doing the work in the first place.

YOUR MOTIVATIONAL DNB PLAYLIST - These songs got me through some of my deadliest essays. Try them out, they blend right into the background and make essay writing a lil more enjoyable! (What minimal lyrics some of these songs do have wont be enough to distract you from your work.)

1. California - Danny Byrd ft Zarif
2. Daydreaming- Netsky
3. Deep Space- Sub Focus
4. Endless Search -Netsky
5. Failsafe - Danny Byrd ft London Elektricity
6. Mr Bidigan (Total Science Remix)
7. Plasticworld (Ft Fats & TC)- Pendulum
8. Rise and Shine- Netsky
9. Seven Years- Nu Tone & Natalie Williams
10. Space Between- Apex ft Ayah
11. The Trip - Logistics
12. Wishing Well (Danny Byrd Remix) - London Elektricity

Here I've posted Plasticworld and Space Between, 2 of my favorite ZONERS! And Ambition by Wale, which is an amazing song and always gets me in a productive mood.




No comments:

Post a Comment